Archaeology and Loja Culture Museum
Opened in 2005, it gathers a sample of prehistoric pieces of Loja. It also contains a wide collection of cultural elements of Loja: ethnography, music and gastronomy. From its opening it has hosted several pieces of painting, sculpture, engravings and culture pieces from Ecuador and from other countries through their Embassies.
Literary publications for the broadcasting of Loja culture and promotion of reading:
- 2005: Deep Loja Series, 26 volumes
- 2007: Loja in Transition Series, 9 volumes
- 2009: Contemporary Loja Series, 9 volumes
- 2009: Loja seen from outside, 1 volume
- Each volume’s printing was between four thousand and seven thousand copies.
Publications about Archaeology:
- 1986: “Loja Préhispanique”, by Jean Guffroy, Patrice Lecoq, Napoleón Almeida, et al.
- 1993: Report about archaeologic, ethnographic and cultural inventory of the province of Loja.
- 1995: Investigation about petroglyphs in the location of Guayural, canton Gonzanamá.
- 1997: “Loja Archaeology: approaches and perspectives from a pottery collection”, by Jaime Idrovo and Dominique Gomis Santini.
- 2004: “Pre-Columbian Catamayo”, by Jean Guffroy
- 2004: “The rock art in Loja”, by Diego González
- 2009: “Cubilán: two preceramic stations”, by Mathilde Temme.
It is composed by UTPL’s calendars, with scientific and cultural contents, a photographic file of Loja throughout XIX century and a collection of pieces of cultural promotion of the University.
It is an audiovisual development that registers the social contribution of Loja’s illustrious men. There are a total of 19 documentals.