Develop a university as an “Alma Mater” for the XXI century
- Develop the spirit and values from the humanism of Christ.
- Promote a sense of perfection in university work .
- Build a model of education for peace, based on dialogue between faith and reason.
Research, development and innovation
- Use research as a vehicle for development.
- Incorporate research as a key element of training.
- Position the UTPL as a university which promots innovation-based enterprises.
Relevant and high level teaching
- Promote a highly qualified faculty.
- Maintain the University at the forefront of educational models.
- Promote the formation of the student.
- Build flexible curricula.
- Accredit the University’s academic programs.
- Promote the inclusion and democratization of higher education quality in and out of Ecuador.
- Implement research and constant innovation in distance education pertaining to epistemological and pedagogical reformulation posed by ICTs.
- Convert the University Centers into focal points for an impact on cultural and social development t
Natural resources, biodiversity and geodiversity
- Promote the management and conservation of natural resources.
- Study and monitor diversity and functions of ecosystems in response to change.
- Take an inventory of biodiversity and its sustainable use, including development of biotechnology.
- Promote water management.
- Study geological diversity and risk modeling.
- Promote responsible mining practices.
- Promote public health and family medicine.
- Develop a health service to support teaching and research.
- Develop a humanization of medicine.
- Develop medical specialties in which the UTPL becomes a reference.
- Prospect for and evaluate bioactive principles.
Leadership and excellence
- Institutionalize university processes and structure.
- Achieve a culture of quality.
The accreditation recognizes improvement programs developed by the University as part of their institutional management.
We prioritize the development of our employees and continuous improvement of quality of life.
Southern Ecuador, where the Andes seems to bow, is the city of Loja, located at 2100 meters above sea level.
With around 200,000 inhabitants, enjoys a spring climate all year (180 C on average) and is the main urban center, historical and cultural South.